I LOVE THANKSGIVING! There is no way around it! I live in New England where the first Thanksgiving took place and where we have the most brilliant fall colors that you can imagine! I love how the weather is getting brisk and you can start cozying up in your sweaters, build fires and drink hot cider. While compiling this post, I just kept getting more and more excited! Any excuse to bring family and friends together, give back to the community and …well… eat is GREAT in my book! So. That being out of my system, I will get on with why we have come together today….
Etsy is chok full of talented artisans and vintage collectors. All I can say is that they make putting together these Etsy Shopper posts so easy! You are all so talented and it always such a pleasure to get to know all of you! Anyone out there looking to buy unique items for their home, as a gift or something special for themselves should start their search at Etsy. I know that I am bias because I have an Etsy shop too but I am consistently impressed by the community of people here and how talented they are. WOW, I am really gushy today!
Here is a great group of items to spice up your Thanksgiving. Make sure to check out each shop because there is always more where this great stuff came from!
Remember that you need to scroll past the pictures to get a product description and link to each seller’s shop, just match the numbers from the pictures to the descriptions…
1. This is a great custom made dress set for your little one this Thanksgiving! The colors and little appliqued turkey are just perfect for the occasion! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33118499
2. This slumped glass bottle is a great addition to any hors d’œuvres spread you have planned for the holidays! It is perfect for cheese and crackers or any other small finger food. There are small rubber feet attached too, so it will stay in place and not slide all over! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33182259
3. This adorable turkey hair bow is made to order! It will look SO great with any child’s Thanksgiving outfit! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_1&listing_id=33806663
4. Want to keep the kid’s entertained before and after dinner? Why not give them a big sheet of recycled paper and this Tom Turkey Crayon Puzzle. Its fun to take apart and put back together as well as draw with. Best of all, it is made from recycled crayons! Bring it as a gift if you are not hosting this year! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33148353
5. I love this! It is a vintage New York Trade School News, “Thanksgiving Issue”. There 12 pages full of fun text and illustrations, all Thanksgiving themed. This would be a lot of fun to look through with family and friends! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30984018
6. This vintage pleaded apron will help you look cute and stay neat while helping to make Thanksgiving dinner! It is 27” long and light weight, so you won get hot while you are working! The colors are great for the occasion too! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33078489
7. Ooooh Adorable. This little Tom Turkey is made from an upcycled, 100% wool sweater and stuffed with wool fleece. He is just so cute and would make a great decoration, and toy for the kids, at Thanksgiving dinner! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33047969
8. I love candles! This 8oz Pumpkin Pie soy candle has hints of clove, nutmeg, vanilla and just the right amount of spice. It’s in a 100% recycled aluminum container. Great gift for someone hosting Thanksgiving or for yourself! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33317116
9.This silky brown dress will help you look great while you are cooking Thanksgiving dinner! Very cute dress and it’s at an unbeatable price. Snatch it up before someone else does! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31903513
10. Looking for a vintage tablecloth!? Look no further. This great Fall themed piece will be a welcomed addition to any Thanksgiving table! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33302396
11. This unique piece can be used for gravy or soup. It will sit proudly on your Thanksgiving table waiting to serve. It is at least twenty years old and looks great! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33092411
12. This lovely apron is made from an upcycled pillowcase! Perfect for preparing dinner and is definitely a unique item that no one else will have! My favorite part is the ruffle at the bottom. Nicely done! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30752065
13. Could this garland be any cuter?! It was hand cut from upcycled wool sweaters! Such a wonderful decoration for around your dining room this Thanksgiving! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33296744
14. This is such a cute T-shirt! Custom-made and in a variety of children’s sizes, it will be a hit at your Thanksgiving dinner! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_1&listing_id=33777411
15. My family used to have a serving dish that looked similar to this. This serving plate encompasses the image that comes to mind while thinking about Thanksgiving. It’s beautiful, ornate and deserves to have the most important part of the meal upon it! I just love this piece! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33288450
16. Serve yourself something delish using this art deco style serving spoon (say that 3 times fast!)! Look at the fun details on the end and picture using this spoon year after year during your Thanksgiving feasts! Great piece with a great price to go along with it! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33512877
17. I’ve always wanted to know how to make pot-holders like this. This autumn colored pot-holder is crocheted from a recycled tablecloth. Great addition to your Thanksgiving cooking arsenal. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33384903
18. Wine charms are one of the best inventions! This particular set is just perfect in color and texture for Thanksgiving. Made with beach stones from Lake Michigan, you will not only have nice pieces to mark your glasses with but they will be a wonderful conversation starter! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32445637
19. oooooh my goodness! How cute is this! The first thing I think when I look at this hat is that it must have taken a long time to make! It is so cute, love the colors! I can see some of my younger cousins wearing this to Thanksgiving! They might even get away with leaving on their hat for awhile inside! But of course the best part is that its made from 100% cotton yarn and stuffed with recycled clothing!! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32683527
20. Soooooo beautiful! I almost don’t want to see it covered! Perfect Thanksgiving colors. The edges are just lovely and this would be a great accent on top of another red or white table cloth, creating a real festive table! Oh I am getting excited about Thanksgiving while writing this! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27287063
21. These are the most beautiful place cards that I’ve seen in a long time! They are made from recycled post consumer paper and have threads of gold embedded into them. I love the gold tree that finishes the cards off perfectly. These are the wonderful place cards for any holiday meal, so lets start with Thanksgiving! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29486954
22. Wow, talk about statement pieces! This wine/whiskey rack will have everyone that visits your house impressed! You can even get a personalized carved plaque to finish it off. Each piece is unique, I think the price is extremely reasonable and I can’t wait to get my own!! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32040910
About Reclaimed Threads: Reclaimed Threads is a sustainable bag company launched by Katherine DeSantis. Katherine is a 20-something entrepreneur who combined her love of being creative and sustainably conscious to form this company. Every item is handmade by Katherine from reclaimed, vintage and organic/sustainable materials. There are a variety of bags and products in her shop: www.reclaimedthreads.etsy.com.